- Businesses can apply for a share of £300,000 through the Health Innovation Manchester Momentum Fund
- Fund will support the introduction of proven innovations into the health and care system in Greater Manchester with a focus on urgent and emergency care or cardiovascular, diabetes, nutrition or obesity
- Companies can apply for up to £75,000 to advance their innovation, with a focus on improving lives through purpose-driven innovation
Businesses with innovative healthcare products or services can now apply for a share of £300,000 as a Health Innovation Manchester funding call opens.
The Momentum Fund has been established to support the introduction and adoption of needs-led, evidence-based innovations into the healthcare system within Greater Manchester.
This year, the fund is looking at innovations focused on two themes:
- Urgent and emergency care – including innovations to address challenges in primary and community care, improve the quality, safety and efficiency of services or improve patient flow
- Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, nutrition or obesity, including the pro-active use of technology to improve prevention and public health awareness, earlier and increased accuracy of disease and management of conditions closer to home and in the community
Companies and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with innovations which are either market ready, or close to being market ready, are invited to apply.
All applications must include evidenced involvement from an NHS or social care organisation within the Health Innovation Manchester footprint, which encompasses Greater Manchester and East Cheshire.
We want to hear from companies who are as passionate as we are about improving the health and wellbeing of our citizens and boosting the local economy
Applicants may apply for funding between £25,000-£75,000 which can be used for a variety of projects to advance their innovation, including market research, evaluation, clinical testing, third-party professional fees, and activities that will enable early stage revenue generation, such as limited production and sales.
Projects funded can last up to 12 months and will be monitored against agreed milestones and outputs.
Through the fund, academic health science and innovation system Health Innovation Manchester aims to improve the health of citizens and promote economic development and wealth creation through the growth of local businesses and jobs.
Richard Deed, associate director for industry at Health Innovation Manchester, said: “Urgent and emergency care and cardiometabolic conditions are two priority areas for Greater Manchester and East Cheshire and we are looking to find and support companies and healthcare innovators who are working to make a difference in these key areas.
“Our previous Momentum Fund winners have been successful in bringing their innovations to market and the health and care services, making a difference to our local area and beyond.
Urgent and emergency care and cardiometabolic conditions are two priority areas for Greater Manchester and East Cheshire and we are looking to find and support companies and healthcare innovators who are working to make a difference in these key areas
“We want to hear from companies who are as passionate as we are about improving the health and wellbeing of our citizens and boosting the local economy.”
Companies interested in applying for Momentum funding should fill in an initial application before 12 noon on 16 October.
Those shortlisted will then be invited to submit a full application and deliver a pitch to the review panel.
Winners are expected to be announced in February, 2020.
For more information, and to apply via the Innovation Nexus Portal, click here.